Finding the right equipment is important because cheap camping gear will ruin your trip. Some of these items will help you manage your priorities and needs. However, some of these items are featured because they are good quality products that won’t break down quickly. As much fun as it is to go camping, faulty equipment will ruin certain aspects of your trip. For instance, a cheap camping stove will make it impossible to make food for yourself, so you might have to pack up your campsite earlier than you expect.
High-tech Camping Equipment You Need to See to Believe
These pieces of equipment make impressive additions to your camping gear packs. I’ll go through each item type, and then recommend my favorite.
1. Waterproof Matches
Price point: Under $20
Why you won’t be able to live without this gear: This gear doesn’t involve electronic devices, but it will keep you out of trouble in an emergency. When you run into a problem starting a fire, these matches are a real life saving device. While other items will help you keep your phone charged to call for help, these matches will survive a flash flood. When the water causes the wood in the woods to get too wet to light on fire, you will be glad that you brought a pack of waterproof matches on your trip.
This is an ultimate survival item that any true outdoors enthusiast would have with them at all times. The UCO Stormproof Matchkit is made to withstand the most severe storms. In addition to being a good piece of equipment for a camping excursion, it’s worth adding this item to any cache of emergency survival equipment. This particular brand of matches comes packaged in a case that is built to stay dry in the rain. The case is made of orange plastic, so you will see it when you are rummaging around in your backpack. The case also floats, and it comes with two striking pads.
Tips for use: Although these matches are windproof, it’s easier to keep the fire going in a calm environment. Your companions will be thankful that you brought matches, but make sure to keep them away from children. The matches might have a wax coating that needs to be removed in order to light one.
- Includes 25 windproof and waterproof matches, 3 strikers and match case that can hold up to 40 matches
- Matches are easy to light, will burn up to 15 seconds each and will relight after being submerged in water
- Waterproof, durable ABS plastic case floats and keeps contents dry and protected; external, integrated, and replaceable striker for easy lighting
- Extended length of match allows for added safety to keep from burning fingertips
- Length of matches: 2.75 inches (7 cm); Kit weight: 1.7 oz. (48 g)
2. Instant Espresso Maker
Price point: About $50
Why you won’t be able to live without this gear: When you are going on a long trip in nature, you will need the fresh smell of coffee to help you get up in the morning. Your companions might have instant coffee to stir into their cups, but you won’t want to drink anything that tastes like dirt. Wacaco has come out with a mini, portable espresso maker that fits in the palm of your hand. Their espresso maker is the size of a large flashlight. It’s light, and it’s easy to use. It will put the instant coffee option to shame.
Just because you’re camping doesn’t mean you should drink bad coffee.
Get your days started with a tasty brew of your favorite espresso beans. You know you’re a coffee aficionado when you won’t go camping without your coffee maker. However, this wonderful portable machine will fit in your backpack with the rest of your essential gear.
Tips for use: This piece of equipment is essential if you live a glamping lifestyle, but it might also come in handy at the office as well. It’s easy to add your favorite blend of coffee to the portable espresso machine, so you’ll need to take a list of recipes in order to make drinks for your companions. In addition to brushing up on your coffee making skills by testing out your equipment before the trip, you have to remember to grind your coffee beans. Before you go on the trip, grind your beans and store them in a metal tin to keep them fresh for the duration of your trip.
- No battery/electricity need. Manual operation only! Compact, lightweight and versatile, you may use any variety of coffee bean/roast, which will give you more flexibility in trying new flavors.
- Need to add the boiling water! Minipresso GR is your best choice to enjoy up to 50 ml of authentic espresso at home, in the office and on the go.
- Simple to operate! Add ground coffee to the filter basket with the help of the integrated scoop. Apply slight pressure to level the grind. Add hot water into the water tank. Finally unlock from its travel position the piston and pump a few strokes to pressurize and extract perfect espresso with generous crema.
- If you have any problem with our products or need help, please feel free to contact us through Amazon. We will respond you in time and give you a satisfactory solution.
- Note: Accessories are sold separately! Enhance your Minipresso to get the most from it. Enjoy longer espresso, up to 100ml, and protect it from scratches. You can purchase accessories separately from our store.
3. Multi-purpose Campstove
Price point: Over $125
Why you won’t be able to live without this gear: The Campstove 2 is made by Biolite. There are plenty of good quality camping stoves on the market, but this stove serves multiple purposes that your camping companions will appreciate. You might think that cooking on an open fire is a relaxing part of the trip, but having a campstove to rely upon for your meals is a luxury that you deserve. You won’t have to worry about finding firewood in the campground, and you won’t have a problem keeping the flame going on this portable stove.
The reason that this piece of gear is essential to your trip is because it fulfills multiple purposes. In addition to providing a quality flame to cook a meal, this helpful piece of equipment will build a charge with its own heat in order to provide electricity to power USB devices. Your companions will be grateful for the extra power source if their power banks become depleted. It also comes with a lamp to help provide some much needed light for your campground kitchen. In addition to being an easy piece of equipment to set up, this useful gear earns its place in your backpack.
Tips for use: While the stove is easy to use, it does take some patience to set up. You need to find a flat surface to set up the stove, and you should refrain from leaving the stove unattended. You may want to set the stove in the fire pit because cooking elements will become very hot.
- USB charge output with 50% more power than our previous CampStove 1, with updated thermoelectrics creating even more electricity from fire, and Smart LED Dashboard gives you real time feedback on fire strength, power output and fan speed settings
- Internal jets have 4 fan speed settings to circulate air for improved combustion and efficiency to boil 1 liter of water in 4.5 minutes
- Lightweight aluminum legs fold up for nested portability and durability for camping, backpacking or power outages
- The FlexLight is a portable, pliable USB gooseneck for quick, controlled light
4. Solar Panel Charger
Price point: Roughly $75 – $100
Why you won’t be able to live without this gear: Goal Zero sells a solar panel charge called the Nomad 7 that will help you stay connected to the rest of the world. While you are in the middle of nowhere at your campground, you will still be able to stay in touch with your friend by using your smart phone. Without this type of gear, you might not get lost in the woods, but you might feel lonely by yourself.
Having a solar charging device will help you keep your phone running, and you won’t have to put your faith in an external battery to supply enough juice for your devices. The best solar charging devices uses the ultraviolet rays of the sun to power your device, and it will bring in enough juice to keep your device charged. Many of these items have an external battery that will charge when the sun is out, so you will have power during the evening hours as well.
Tips for use: If you’re accustomed to using an external power bank to charge your phone, you won’t have any trouble getting a good quality solar charging device to work in your favor. However, you should read the instructions from the manufacturer because some of the panels that power the solar charging device shouldn’t be left in direct sunlight. Many of these types of devices require indirect sunlight, and some of these items will malfunction with direct sunlight on the panel.
- The Nomad 7 will directly charge most USB and 12V devices (not tablets). Most handheld USB devices, including: Cell phone, smart phone, GPS, MP3 player
- Collect 7 watts of solar power from the sun
- The Nomad 7 works best with the following Goal Zero products: Goal Zero Switch 8 & 10 Recharger, Flip 10 & 20 Recharger, Guide 10 Plus Recharger, Venture 30, Rock Out Portable Speakers, and Lighthouse Lanterns
- Foldable, rugged design, and weather resistant
- Use the USB and 12V ports at the same time. The Nomad 7 will split the incoming solar power between the two ports to charge devices simultaneously (Some devices may not be compatible)
5. Solar Speaker
Price point: About $40 – $50
Why you won’t be able to live without this gear: You might have enough good tunes to keep you smiling on the drive to your campground, but the car’s stereo won’t be much help at your site. You’re going to need another method for making noise. If you have power to charge your phone, you’ll need a quality speaker to produce sound. Your camping companions will appreciate the ability to join you in your search for a good soundtrack to go with the outdoors experience.
The big reason that you won’t be able to camp again without this gear is because the top solar bluetooth speakers charge themself, and work without running a wire to your phone. Most portable speakers run on an internal battery, so they need to be charged to keep playing your music. This is a big problem when you’re camping in a place where there aren’t any power outlets. If you’re roughing it, you might still want to play a song to help you enjoy the experience. Use your smartphone to pair with this Bluetooth device to get started.
Tips for use: Some Bluetooth devices require a passcode to connect to your smartphone. Be sure to check the manual of your new speaker before you get outdoors. You might need to charge it in the sun for a few hours before using it for sound production. The manual should have troubleshooting information about connecting your device as well.
- ▶【Solar Power Speaker & 5000mAh Battery】 This Bluetooth Speaker has Built-in latest solar panel and 5000mAh power bank with 2.1A output port, simply plug your phone or tablet into the Bluetooth Speaker and it will charge your device while playing music.
- ▶【Rich Bass Stereo Sound】 Elzle solar Bluetooth speaker has surprisingly original sound and the powerful subwoofer for bass in the back. Adopting advanced APT-X chip HD lossless audio technology and dual driver.solar powered outdoor speakers bluetooth is Waterproof and Shockproof
- ▶【50+ Hours Playtime】 High-Capacity lithium battery and built-in smart battery management system, working hours increased to Amazing 50+ hours means 1000 songs on a full charge. You can go for an all beach/park day and play music the entire time without worrying about saving the battery.
- ▶【Microphone & Bluetooth 4.2】 solar power bluetooth speaker Compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices and non-bluetooth devices with included 3.5mm aux audio cable, connect to your cell phones, iPhone, iPad, Samsung, tablets from 32-49 feet. The built-in microphone can let you pick up phone calling hand-free.
- ▶【What You Get】: 1xPortable Bluetooth Speaker,1x USB Cable,1x Audio line, 1xUser Manual. you will get excellent service
6. Electronic Bug Repeller
Price point: Under $30
Why you won’t be able to live without this gear: Depending on what time of the year you go camping, you might be surrounded by mosquitoes and other flying insects. The bugs at campsites will bite, and they will ruin your entire vacation. Don’t let this happen to your group. On your next camping trip, you should prepare by purchasing an electronic bug repeller. The top insect repellers will keep your campsite free without spraying harmful chemicals on your family and friends.
The fire might be enough to keep the bugs away, but you’re going to need another way to keep your family safe while they sleep. The Thermacell Mosquito Repeller has a cartridge that will last approximately 12 hours, so your family will be able to sleep peacefully at night.
Tips for use: Make sure to pick out a reliable brand that has been tested. The one mentioned above and shown below has been tested by the EPA, and it uses a method that is harmless to people. The cheap models incorporate harmful chemicals that could cause your family to experience allergic reactions. These devices are lightweight, so you could keep them on you when you take your rod to go fishing.
- Large Area of Protection — Lightweight and conveniently sized, the repeller keeps mosquitoes away in a 15-ft zone for 12 up to hours of protection; no hassle and no mess; 100% satisfaction guarantee
- DEET-Free, Scent-Free, Spray-Free —More time can be spent in the great outdoors without lotions or chemical sprays on skin which cause lingering smells and messes to clean up; no game-spooking odors
- Family-Friendly and Easy to Use — Thermacell MR150 Portable Mosquito Repeller is highly effective and trusted; with no open flame, it is ideal for a family-friendly environment on the patio or yard
- Portable and Convenient — Perfect for campers, hunters, fishers, hikers, kayakers, gardeners, boaters, farmers or anyone who wants to enjoy time outdoors without annoying mosquitoes
- Sleek Design — The attractive black exterior blends in with surroundings; the lightweight, portable mosquito repeller features a quiet operating mechanism perfect for any outdoor adventure
Get Ready for Your Next Trip
Now that you have your sights set on a new piece of camping gear, you need to start planning your next trip. Let your family know about the gear you’re researching. If this new gear get you excited about camping, it might have the same impact on your family members. Getting more people excited about the prospects of an upcoming camping trip will make the trip more likely to happen. While you’re getting ready for the trip, you should take time to practice using your new gear in your backyard at home.